<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Monday, July 06, 2009

What Is It That Makes Us Special?


The Woman loves the slope of Our necks and ears. She finds that look to be artistic and elegant, and relates Us to looking like fine bred Arabian Horses.

That Guy likes the fact that We are active watch and guard dogs. He knows that the house is in good hands when He is away.

They both like that We love to walk and travel well. We do not embarrass them with bad manners.

Their friends love the fact that We are not "in their face" dogs. Yes, We bark when they arrive, and then We continue about our business unless We see a need for Us to become involved. Human conversation is boring unless it includes petting Us. This seldom happens while Humans are eating.



I Am Shiba. What Do You Like About Shibas?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I alway wonder what it is about specific breeds that makes people love them, dare I say obsess over them? I can appreciate a Shiba's beauty and all, and I find my own dog to be awfully pretty and smart, but I don't feel a need to collect more of her.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Cassaendra said...

I love how proud (stubborn), clean (princess), smart (trouble), cute (gets away with everything), and inquisitive (trouble) Akemi is.

She does not back down from anything - menacing dogs, puddles, nothing. She will walk one mile around a water puddle instead of go through it.

Since she's my first dog, I dote on her (sucker). :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Henry and Chad said...

I love how every encounter with a Shiba is a conversation - it's never Human gives order and Shiba obeys. It's Human gives order. Shiba asks what's in it for them. Human explains. Shiba decides whether or not what the Human offers is valuable enough for the order to be followed. Sometimes, I think they just humor me.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because you are noble (and adorable), Sir Cortez! M.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All breeds/mixes are special in their own ways and the best dogs to their human companions. With that said, I like shiba inus because....

Adorable fur ball when they are babies. Handsome/cute, dignified, smart, challenging, adorable, cute curly tails, funny, unique, and loyal.
-Cal shiba's mom

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreeing with everything said so far and adding a few of my own

The funny noises they make..

The big smiles when they are actually coming when called

The Shiba 500's aka zoomies..

The proud march or prance they do

Head held high.. eyes forward

Who needs a big dog when you have a Shiba!

9:14 PM  
Blogger LG said...

I personally love the attitude that competes with the most rebellious teenagers...they make you work for their love - and make it all the more rewarding when they decide the best place to be is curled up tightly against you (the owner).

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home