<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Belle and the Pizza Delivery Guy

Pizza is one of those amazing foods that every now and then just mysteriously appears in the house. At some point, usually late in the evening, the doorbell rings and there is a stranger holding a box of this delicious smelly goodness. This is a good moment in the life of the Shiba.

Why?

Because I get to claim the Pizza Crusts. Well, I used to be able to claim all the Pizza Crusts until Belle moved in and now I have to share my minuscule amount of crunchy goodness with her.

Either it's that, or The People need to order bigger Pizzas.

So, the other day we were out patrolling our neighborhood when a car pulled up in front of us that had the word Pizza written on top of it. Heck, I did not even need to see the word Pizza, I knew that there was Pizza inside that car because I could smell the Pizza inside the car.

And so could Belle.

So out jumps the young lad and up jumps Belle attempting to grab the Pizza box from his hands. The young lad laughed as he walked to the door that was not our house and had the audacity to leave the Pizza there and not bring it to our abode.

Belle literally stood there, barking at the young lad, stamping her little feet. That was obviously our Pizza. It was in our territory. It was brought out in front of us. It was a priceless gift that was obviously to be presented to us while on our walk so that we might have a savory treat before returning home.

But such is not life.

So when the Pizza Boy came back to his car and opened the door, Belle took a moment to jump in and see if there were any other Pizzas in the car. Sadly there were not as I stood there trying to find one as The Woman was removing the Pizza-hunting Furball from the Vehicle of Ultimate Goodness.

Fortunately apologies and humor abounded while young Pizza Boy drove off into the sunset with his Pizza Carriage. Belle sat and watched until he was no longer visible on the horizon and then, snuffed a deep sigh and slowly followed us back to the house.

What was worse, was that upon arriving home, The People did not even call for the Pizza Boy to come visit us.

It was a very depressing evening for all.



I Am Shiba. I Want What I Want When I Want It.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Sir Cortez. I am so sorry that you and Belle were not presented with pizza on this particular occasion. Thank you so much for the delightful description of your sense of entitlement and your joint efforts to take action on that entitlement. I hope you will find many crusts in your future. All the best to you and to the lovely Belle. M.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked and dismayed! The least they could've done was ask the neighbor if they had crusts to spare!!!

The outrage! The scandal!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the future, posts such as this should come with some sort of Nicholas Sparks warning. Maybe a "Not for the Faint of Heart" or a "Proceed with Emotional Caution".

United in the pizza cause, Auggie & Phog Allen

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mika said...

Woooooow! You two made it into the golden pizza carriage?!? You must teach me how!

-Mika

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home