<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's too Hot to Care, Employee Picnics, and Happiness is Cardboard


The Woman has been too hot and too busy to tend to my needs. She is back in School and she is still working, finishing up her year of terrorizing the Youth of the America. She "claims" that it is too hot for me to go on car rides, take long walks in the afternoon or evening, and that crating me at night is borderline abusive since it limits my water access. Well, I like this idea of having an open crate at night and the ability to sleep near the people but the rest of this whole issue is just too confining. If her car had better air conditioning, this would not be an issue. But I must agree, it has been a tad tepid here in the Great Northeast and so, as a result, I have decided to shed some more just to keep everyone around me a little busier.

Last week, we did a meet and greet with all my other canine colleagues who are Pet Therapists. Despite the heat (and the bugs), it was an enjoyable event where I was able to eat grilled foods, potato salad, and other treats- provided that everything served to me was on a plate and not on that dirty ground. It's bad enough I am expected to clean the kitchen floor when someone drops something; I don't have to eat fallen objects covered in dirt as well. My best friend on the workforce, Sampson, was there with his people, and he was looking as regal as ever (His People even brought their own bottle of wine- how appropriate that folks who work with a Bichon Frise bring their own wine to a barbecue). With the exception of some minor disagreements with a Golden Retriever puppy, I was exceptionally well behaved and exemplified all that is regal about Being Shiba.

Alice, That Other Woman Who Insists That I Heel, brought Sangria. The Women deemed Sangria as "Very Good" but That Guy says that Sangria is very deadly to him and his ability to function later. I was not allowed any of this Sangria, but then, I am not really fond of fruit anyway.

One interesting thing which happened from My Canine Perspective. As all the dogs wandered in and the cooking began, mellowness was the key. Even a potentially hyper Dalmatian/Terrier/God Only Knows What Else mix was quiet and subdued. However, this all changed with the arrival of

Meekoh.

Meekoh is everything that is Not Shiba. He barks Greetings to Everyone. He is Frisbee Obsessed. He Follows his Person off lead. He Listens to Commands and even knows Commands that eliminate any shred of dignity to a Canine.

Meekoh is what is better known as a "Border Collie" which I personally think comes from "Borderline Personality Disorder Enmeshed with Mania and Hyperactivity." It just sounds easier to call them a "Border" of something.

And to my horror, That Guy actually played with Meekoh and his Frisbee. And He Liked It!

This disturbed me deeply. However, it appears as if That Guy has given up on the momentary thought of "Let's Get a Dog that Actually Comes when Called" and returned to the attitude of "You know, You can be a Real Asshole Sometimes" which I think is directed at me but as I am not really listening, I can't be 100% sure.

But Life has returned to normal in our household. The temperatures have decreased. I am getting car rides again, and the Mailman has been once more arriving at his normal time.

The Mailman and I truly have a love/hate relationship; I hate it when He walks by but I love it when He arrives with packages. Recently, I took on a poster tube that arrived from Australia, and successfully tore it into small little pieces, despite any attempts from intervening parties.




I Am Shiba. I Am A Weapon Of Mass Destruction.


Notes from The Woman:

Allan's Angel's Therapy Group decided that its yearly donation should be made to
Bolton Veterinary Hospital "Allan Leventhal Memorial Fund". This fund assists individuals who can not afford surgeries or animal care, or to take care of wild or feral animals that are brought in for treatment. The hospital can be viewed at http://www.boltonvet.com/ and look up the AAL Memorial Fund if you are interested in donating.

Allen's Angels is the Pet Therapy Group that Allan Leventhal created. The Cast of Canines can be viewed on the Bolton website, as well as an explanation of how a dog can become a therapy dog. Meekoh's Person is the photographer for each dog, and provides excellent pictures upon request. She can be reached at BVCphoto@aol.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Aww lookit all the puppies lined up for school pictures! Who knew so many Tibetan terriers would be therapy dogs? Lots of standard poodles too, I always heard they were smart dogs.

Pretty sure we had a Shiba in our backyard the other day. He disappeared before I could get a picture.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shiba - that sounds like an incredible evening of fine dining and even finer drinking. I'm sorry to hear that the people didn't share the wine or sangria. They're so selfish.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home