<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

French Fries at Midnight


Last night, I was politely woken from my crate by the delightful smell of greasy potatoes being cooked to crispy perfection.

"Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand

I don't care, I'm still free

You can't take the sky from me
"

The Woman and That Guy had turned on the movie "Serenity" and invited me to join them for a late night showing and snack.

"It's Love. He loved his sister and he knew she was in pain. So he took her somewhere safe."

While I did not find the movie as entertaining as they, the French Fries were cooked to perfection.

"Start with the part where Jayne gets knocked out by a ninety pound girl. 'Cause I don't think that's ever gonna get old."

I retired to my crate when the French Fries ran out. That Guy went to bed around the same time I did.

"I don't care what you believe! Just believe it!"

I could hear The Woman watching the rest of the movie but she did not make any more snacks. So, I opted to stay in my crate rather than lie next to her as she cheered for River and Mal, and mourned Wash's passing.

"Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you can take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her home."


I Am Shiba. I Am A Leaf on the Wind. I Am The Love That Makes A Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home