<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Am The Prodigal Son


One of the things that the Dog Trainer Person told The Woman and That Guy is that as winter comes, it would be easier on my hind legs if I learned to eliminate in the back yard rather than long walks with possibly icy areas.

Now note, for 7 years, I have only once pooed in the backyard and that was after the famous Shiba sickness moment after I completely cleaned up all the drippings from the turkey pan of Thanksgiving (we have all since learned our lessons after that one!) so there was going to be a challenge in place as to how to get me to learn to do this.

After all, I am Shiba, and as Dog 101 said, Looking for a dog easy to train? Keep on looking . . .

So The Woman set about on a mission and while it took about a month, it finally worked.

Belle-chan, of course, did it first and got all sorts of attention and praise. This is why she makes me so mad sometimes. She is cute, adorable, and sticks her tongue out at me when The Woman calls her a good girl.

Well, two can play this game, Missie!

While I still require finding the most perfect of spots so I take a little longer than Barbie Shiba, I have caught on to this idea that if I eliminate in the backyard in the morning, I not only get breakfast, but I get The Woman telling me how awesome I am and a special treat also! Breakfast, poo, awesomeness, and treats. What a great way to start the morning!!

That Guy is jealous though, cause The Woman apparently does not praise him for pooing in the morning. Maybe if he tried going outside . . .



I Am Shiba. I Am Talented and Gifted.

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

hahaha. Poor That Guy.

Tsuki is a lot like you, Mr. Cortez. It would take hell and high water for her to accept that pooing in the yard isn't beneath her. Only during ice storms has she done this, and only after HOURS of desperate bargaining to go for a walk so I get hurt, but she gets to poo away from home.

Shibas... can't live with them, can't live without them.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! Glad Cortez is adapting - and Belle-chan is still a pain in his fanny. I'm sure it helps keep him young.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir Cortez, Barbie Shiba--haha! Glad you are keeping your sense of humor and also adapting. M.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I sent you an email message through Frontier a few weeks ago--just hoping you got it. M.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home