<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today I Got Mad


The Woman actually left the House, went to the store, and did not take me. She did not even ask me if I wanted to go. She merely assumed that since I did not follow her to the door that I was not interested in going. But did she tell me she was leaving?

No.

Did she call my name, and ask me if I wanted to go for a ride?

No.

Did she go somewhere that she always takes me so that I can sniff the shrubberies and smell the baking bread?

Yes.

But was I in the car with her?

No.

I was so mad at her for not taking me that I refused to acknowledge her presence when she returned, and did not speak to her for several hours. I would not even lie near her; I was that mad.

It is now evening. I have been well-fed and walked. While I have not forgiven her, I have returned to acknowledging her presence.

But she better not forget me again!



I Am Shiba. Apologies are Seldom Accepted.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir Cortez, I am so sorry to hear about your travails with snow (and chuckled a great deal about the ancestral shibas who also did not come when called) and now with treatment unbecoming an important shiba such as yourself. I hope harmony is soon restored in your home, and I am sure that behavior (dare I call it pouting? No, I don't presume to do so.) has made it abundantly clear to The Woman what your expectations will be in the future. Have a happy Sunday with good wishes and pleasant outings to all, M.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did not talk to our Woman all night because she would let us out in the yard unsupervised. We dug a hole under the fence to regain our other lands and she did not appreciate our effort. We may forgive later for cheese...... Lily and Bear, Shiba kin.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are sorry we don't write well. We meant she would not let us in the yard unsupervised. The pen is mightier than the paw. Lilster and Bear

7:47 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

I insisted on cheese with my dining last night.

With cheese, my attitude will soften.

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked! The audacity of The Woman to go without you!

I do hope there was cheese and potatoes to quell the anger.

Afterall... Your public needs you!

Think of the squirrels who are now running amok!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many squirrels (which are so fat this year.... easy preys)!

So little time....

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home