<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snow, Ice, More Snow


My constitutionals have been disasters!

The last few days, ice everywhere. I slip and slide, The Woman has fallen twice, and its impossible to pick up any decent smells.

This morning, once more, everything is covered with a new coating of snow that looks really nice but limits my access to the place I want (i.e., the more expensive shrubberies that the neighbors have). The Woman is going to have to dig me a trail because I ain't walking in stuff that comes up to and over my belly.

And how the hell am I supposed to lift my leg?

"They" say that my ancestors were mountain dogs, able to withstand freezing temperatures and all elements while still not returning when their owners called them. Bully. My ancestors never had to deal with snow like this and personally, I am requesting that we move to somewhere nicer like Cancun, until this continuous deluge stops.

I could handle the beach for a few weeks.


I Am Shiba. I Am Not Amused.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cancun .....or Porto Rico

grand'ma

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why my family left the East Coast for "sunny California"
Ha!

Sacramento, CA

Hot summers, with 100-115 temps upon occasion (sometimes for days). Not good for dogs with thick fur. Red flag warnings about potential for wildfires and evacuations. (Mom always has a crate and leash set out if we need to.)

Winters with "fog" so thick at times that you almost can't see your nose or another dog's tail. Overcast and drizzly for days on end. Monsoon rains, high winds, and flood warnings-- just for fun.

Sukoshi

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home