<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Not all those who wander are lost


But we were.

The Woman, The Man, and I decided to wander in one of our favorite forests. As I was busy checking for chipmunks and counting squirrels, I had not noticed a subtle change of scenery, a loss of scent, a decided confusion from those holding the leash. Fortunately, I was able to find us a path back to the road.

And then, it started to rain.

I am Shiba, the most catlike of all the canine breeds.

I hate to get wet.

Because of The Man and The Woman's inadequate sense of direction, I was forced to march in the rain until we got back to the car. This unacceptably soggy misconduct on their part was only remedied upon our return home by the gift of Milkbone.

And a belly rub.


I Am Shiba. I don't like to take the roads less traveled if it is raining.




3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Catlike? You, the foe of the cat, have things in commone with them? Again, I have been disillusioned.

7:41 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

I only pee and poo where I am supposed to.

I am extremely hygienic- every morning I completely wash myself before breakfast, and often take breaks during the day to ensure my hygiene is appropriate.

I stretch better than any Border Collie or Labador. My mother gave me yoga lessons from birth.

I don't come when I am called nor do I respond to commands without incentive.

I don't like other dogs and I dislike cats in my territory. I am an animal of solitariness.

In essence, prove that I am not catlike, and I will prove that I am not doglike.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home