<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Dog Day Afternoon

Today, I had to go to work.

I do not mind employment. My job outside the home only requires periodic attendence. It is difficult, however, and requires considerable concentration on my part.

This afternoon, I accompanied The Woman to the local High School. Here I present myself to children with special needs, and allow them to touch me. I sit by them and show them how to be calm and in control. There are two children who I take for walks around the building, and I show them how to hold my leash and not step on my paws. While The Woman is always nearby, I know my way around the school and concentrate on making sure that the children are comfortable in my presence. It is exhausting because there is always so much happening, but this responsibility is very important to The Woman and thus, it is important for me to fulfill my duties with dignity and grace.

Usually, we are done after this trip but today, we also went to visit a child who recently returned from the hospital. He was very happy to see me but unfortunately, we could not walk together because he was not feeling that much better. Maybe he will be able to walk me some other day.

Then The Woman took me to the Squirrel Park. It was sunny and I counted numerous squirrels running between the trees. It was nice to unwind after being so busy. I enjoy running between the trees, and watching the squirrels jumping from branch to branch.

I am now resting. The children can be oh so tiring, but for a few hours a month, it is a great way to help the younger people of the world witness all that is Shiba.


I Am Shiba. Shibas are Good for the Soul.



4 Comments:

Blogger Diane of the dogs said...

What a good boy! Your parents are proud of you!
You got my email about your Dad's person wanting to speak with you about your blog?

6:55 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

I leave all correspondence to my Secretary. If you want to speak with me, please make an appointment.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

hello little Shiba
best regards of Granny

3:20 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

woauf wouaf!!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home