<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Friday, November 02, 2007

53 Days Until Christmas


The woman is home today, doing whatever. She is like trying to do 1000 things without any rhyme or reason to anything. I think that this is a sign of the disorder in her life.

She needs to just sit down, pet me, and give me a treat (or three).

So what is it about people these days? Already there are advertisements for Christmas and I have not even yet gotten a whiff of the Thanksgiving turkey (let alone a few scraps and some mashed potatoes). Our house was repeatedly attacked by small children on Wednesday night, ringing that damned doorbell, and demanding assorted items for their amusement. I expressed my dissatisfaction about the entire Holiday, including the decorations (they murdered pumpkins for God's sake, and then threw them outside!). This resulted in my banishment to my crate until all perceived chaos was gone.

What is all this concern with holidays, and holiday celebration- and why is everyone all stressed out about them? A few greenies and a fuzzy ball are all any Shiba needs in order to make any day a worthy celebration however Humans seem preoccupied during the Fall months with making continuous holidays until finally their waistlines explode (as well as their wallets).

I think they are just depressed that the summer time is over and that winter is coming. Hence, they create all these holidays as to avoid dreary thoughts of snow and bitter chill. Avoidance techniques. It works every time for me whenever someone calls my name.

Tomorrow there is a hurricane coming so I guess we won't be engaging in consumerism. I guess also that we won't be raking all those wonderful leaves in our backyard, the ones that smell so delicious and little mice hide underneath and oh, it is just so delicious to wander around and enjoy the crunching of the leaves and smelling the squirrel droppings.


I Am Shiba. I Smell Chaos and Change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home