<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Latest Interactions with Japanese Colleagues

During the last seven days, I have had several interactions with other cherished Japanese Icons.

The first was an Akita, born from the same line as a Westminster Best of Breed Winner. He was just a puppy but weighed in at 120 lbs and was about 5X larger than myself. However, he was docile, friendly, and wanted to play. The two of us had a very nice peefest in order to mark the neighborhood.

The People I Live With love all the Spitz breeds. Both have had experience with Huskies, The Woman loves Malamutes, and to them, the Akita is stunning. Each would love to have an Akita but realize that a). they do not have the strength to address such a big dog, and b). think that Shiba fur is bad enough. I personally don't want to live with an Akita. It would be difficult to maintain my dominance but meeting one on the street was just fine. Akitas are truly a stunning breed of beauty, size, and strength. They exemplify the other side of the Japanese history: The Samurai.

If you wish to see how magnificent these dogs are, check out this video:

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2005/video/breed/akita.html

It really shows the size and strength compared to that of The Shiba. And their tails. I am jealous of their tails.

So my life continues after meeting the opposite end of the spectrum of Japanese Spitz dogs, when on Sunday, my life is suddenly intruded upon by a little female Shiba whom That Guy called Yakuza (Yaku for short). She was found wandering the streets and a person decided that The Woman could help find her home.

So our house temporarily became a homeless shelter for Shibas.

Even I admit that I was intrigued by our little newcomer and found her to be kinda fun to have around. The People, of course, gave us both the royal treatment since we had a visitor of a burger and cheese with our kibble, as well as plenty of treats. We went for walks together and overall it was a positive experience sharing my kitchen with an outsider (although my food and water bowl had to be moved and this displeased me).


This, however, has lead about to another issue. It appears that after Yaku came to stay (and her owner was found the next day so there were no issues there), That Guy has determined that he would like another Shiba in the house.

Another Shiba?

Ummmm, hello? Am I not Shiba enough for everyone?

It appears not.

Even while Yaku was with us, I have been accused of making sure that Yaku understands that The Woman is mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. This left That Guy open for attention, affection, and adoration. And he bought it, hook, line and sinker. That Little Girl wrapped him so fast around her finger that he was actually sad that we found her owners. He was prepared for her to stay in our house as her new forever home.

So the search is now on, as we will seek a Shiba for That Guy. She will have to be small, cute, and snuggly (everything I am not) and as he put it this morning, "not a militant robot shiba who never errs."

I can not help it that I am Perfect.


I Am Shiba. The Feline Does Not Approve of This Message.

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Yaku looks cute in that photo! Did you find a home for her? Did her owner come forth?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honorable Cortez,

You did not consider that another shiba could possibly be yet another minion of yours.

And........ if The Guy is occupied.. The Woman is all yours.

Nikko's Mama

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh poor poor Filou. Poor poor kitty.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cortez~

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. It may be difficult to practice "mine" with another Shiba. I completely bully the shepherd mix in the home, even though he is my elder by 13 years. (He's a wimp!) Perhaps the search will be a long one, and I agree with Nikko's mama - The Woman will be all yours.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir Cortez,

I am so sorry to read that you hve been beset on all sides first with weather, then a missed trip, and most lately with possible competition. You have to admit that the little Yuku girl is absolutely adorable. Even if you acquire a little sister (I mean, minion), I suspect that The Woman will always be yours. She is undoubtedly a very good woman to have since she temporarily fostered a stray Shiba who engaged in the time-honored Shiba practice of escaping. We are greatly amused by your reference to "Japanese colleagues" and also hasten to assure you that your own tail is absolutely beautiful and befitting for the handsome Shiba that you are. M.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sukoshi says:

That Guy should consider a lovely black and tan lady. That way there would be a total study in Shiba contrasts.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the Yin and the Yang.

The Little Princess and the little ....

Let's not go there :)

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW.. to read historical info on the Akita

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Man-Uncommon-Faraway-Mountain/dp/B001IDZJO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233716611&sr=1-1

it's a good read

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home