<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Walking at 7 AM


This morning I needed a walk. Not a 9 AM after The Woman is caffienated and starting her day; not at 8 AM when she is more awake and has found her glasses. It is 7 AM., and I want my walk now.

Fortunately, Those People were awake enough to read the signs as I stood by the front door with my nose pointing directly at the crack that gets bigger when The Woman turns the handle. Stupidly, they asked me if I wanted to go for a walk? Could I have made my message any more obvious?

But The Woman even admitted it was a nice walk. While a brisk 34 degrees F, I shook and fluffed my coat into place, and marched down the path. We opted for the long morning walk path rather than the short morning walk path as compared to the hour long morning walk path vs. a hike or heading into the woods. This walk takes me by Sundance the German Shepherd's house and I must always remind him that I live in this neighborhood too. It also gives me time to find where that Akita on the corner is doing his constitutionals so that I can remind him also that I still live around here.

The Woman noticed that while the Juncos are still flittering about, there were plenty of Cardinals and Robins out playing in the fields and on people's lawns, and the Finches were just starting to arrive at the feeders. Many neighbors had daffodils in full bloom in their yards and like ours, a number had their tulips emerging from the ground. Lawns are starting to turn green again, and the early morning landscapers were getting a headstart this morning, finding dead branches and trimming overgrowth.

I found an empty plastic bottle which I promptly picked up and brought home. Those People are really into recycling and are constantly picking up litter. I like to do my part when I can and am not embarrassed when people point at me as I walk home carrying their trash.


I Am Shiba. Spring Has Sprung.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are Shiba. You are good for the Environment.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't think we have spring in South Dakota.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

Mommy would look over and say "aww.. how cute! A shiba that's into recycling!"

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home