<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

MDoG Kersplash


Last weekend, I had the honor of representing my dog therapy group, Allen's Angel's from Bolton Vet, at the Manchester Dog Association, Doggie Kerplunk. (Note: also present were Roscoe and Ruby, Zoe, and Max a Cavalier King Spaniel whose picture is not on the site). Not that I would eve
r "kerplunk" into anything, but there were plenty of Labradors, Golden Retrievers, Spaniels of all sorts, Border Collies, and a variety of other canines who shared in their joy of diving into a large lake, swimming, and just cavorting around like dogs should. The smell of wet happy dogs permeated the entire event.


(Happy Newfoundland and Bernese Mountain Dog- will take these two quite a while to dry out!)


(A Bored Scottish Terrier)

I, of course, allowed everyone else to engage in these frivolities while demonstrating that there is some dignity to the title of "Dog." (For those in the know, Belle-chan was left at home for this event as The Woman thought that it might be a tad traumatic for the participants to have to deal with Her).

The interesting thing is that four Shibas were present. In our small town, it is seldom that we see each other in such a large number. There was myself.

This is Zoey, who we often see about town, riding shotgun in her People's truck.


This is Chin-Chin who lives in a house with two other Shibas: a cream and a red.


There is a new addition to the Manchester Shiba Collection, Nefertiti, who is a happy-go-lucky- omg- I LOVE everyone 5 1/2 month old Shiba.


Cody, a red Shiba that I know from Squirrel Park, was not present at the event but there are at least seven shibas now guarding the delicate image of dignity among the hooliganism represented at an event such as this.

What was also nice was the presence of two very important organizations, Fidelco- the Service Dog training program that we support every spring with their sponsored walk,

and Greyhound Rescue, which became an important part of the New England Rescue Movement as racing tracks started to close and these dogs had no place to go.


Overall, even I must admit it was an fun two hours in the sun. There were many happy dogs. There were a number of dogs and owners who came and talked about becoming part of the therapy program. I was adored by the masses and allowed even the lesser minions to approach and engage in conversation. It was nice to see such a great turnout for a event that met on a rain date rather than the actual scheduled event, and yet still people came, all in support of getting a dog park here in My Town so that everyone has a place to run and play safely.


I Am Shiba. I Give My Blessing To This Event.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many cute service dogs. Always enjoyable to watch cute doggy pictures. Your blog provides me excellent diversion from difficult situation. There are so many callous individuals and uncaring people near me. It is so nice to read heart warming stories and see cute pictures. Thank you, Cortez and The Woman.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home