<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Camp Shiba

This was the backyard where we got to hang out for Memorial Weekend. One acre entirely fenced in where we could run, hunt, and overall enjoy ourselves. It was awesome!


Unfortunately, we did not play well with the other dogs so there was lots of rotating dogs in and out of the yard but when I was there, I ruled as King!


I can never tell if Belle is showing off or just has never forgotten all her agility training.


However, she is very good at finding rodents which made the weekend that much more entertaining!



I, of course, had to make sure that all those other dogs knew that I was here!




It was a great country vacation for those of us Shibas who lead urban lives. We had so much fun running around that by the end of the evening, my legs actually shook from tiredness.

4 hours up and back, but worth every minute.



I Am Shiba. Life Is Good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

that looks like a marvelous place to have an adventure!

1:26 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

The People would all stand around outside in the cool summer morning of Vermont, drinking their caffeine and listening to the birds and wildlife.

Belle and I wore only our collars- no leashes, no runs. We had one acre to run and investigate and smell and pee and pee and pee (as we and the other spitzes did have territory issues) but The Woman would call out for us and Belle would come running like a good dog and I would run the perimeter of the fence as fast as I could, knowing that I would be at her feet but still, the longer route was better.

Later at night, we would play fetch or chase or explore, or again, just run.

Sometimes, to just run and be free is the best gift. I would not want it every day because I love my home and my own yard but for one weekend, I was a Japanese Hunting Dog, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Belle had a wonderful time. It must have felt good to be able to run free and investigate with no collar or leash.

Did you sleep all the way home?

5:59 PM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

Yes, on the way home, we slept.

On the way there, we looked out the windows pretending to be uninterested in what was happening around us.

But yes, we slept well in the rented SUV with air conditioning in the back seat on the way home.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, so envious of your cool vacation! Lucky dogs...

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Dogs in Bahrain said...

This dog is sooo beautiful!!

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home