<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feeling Better!


Got some gooey stuff for my ear. I don't like the gooey stuff. It makes my fur look gooey.

I still cock it to the side every now and then, and whine to let The Woman know that I am not a happy camper but she says it does not smell as bad, and that it is improving.

I am not sure if I believe her, but I did get salmon in my dinner last night so I really don't care.


I Am Shiba. I Am On The Road To Recovery.

Note: The Woman Speaks: Cortez must have been in a great deal of pain because when the vet attempted to examine him, for the first time ever, he attempted to bite (and we are not talking a gentle nip; impact would have broken skin, I have no doubt). Sadly, he wouldn't stay calm with me holding him and we ended up having to muzzle him. It broke my heart because while I knew he was in pain because of his whining (he never complains), he has never gone psycho like he did at the vets that day so he had to be in a lot of pain. And the vet we use is top notch.

It was diagnosed as a yeast infection with bacteria as well. I have no idea how he got it because it is not like I have bathed him recently or he has even gone near water. I guess it was just one of those things that happen so I also got from the vet some ear cleaning solution that I can use on him and Belle about once a month that is not dangerous since BOTH of them have had ear infections in the last year.

But he is definitely feeling better although he is still somewhat cock-eared. And I am not sure which is harder; giving him a pill or putting in the ear medicine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous ML123 said...

Cortez,

Good to hear you are getting better. Bet the treat of salmon helped.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cortez,

I am so sorry to hear of your pain, but glad to know that you are getting better. Ear infections suck. :(

6:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

oh well i'm glad that you are feeling better. Ziggy hates the vet, but to be honest he is a biter, so we have to work extra hard on him relaxing in this sort of environment. Most of the time Z is amazing and I know how heart breaking it can be to see him get so upset that he feels the need to lash out.
Can't blame them though - pain is a difficult thing to explain to a dog!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home