<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Idiot's Guide to Living With A Shiba


It really is quite simple.

Your life revolves around me, not vice versa. You shall attend to my needs as I require and you shall respond with pleasure to any of my demands.

If I stick my nose in your face at 2 am, you shall eagerly leave your warm bed. Sorry, I was just pretending that I needed to be let outside. I really didn't need to go outside. I just wanted to feel the breeze against my face.

I will repeat this at 3 am. just because I can and you never really know if I am or I am not in need of going outside. Again, cool breezes feel good in the dead of night.

Don't get pissie with me at 4 am because I am telling you I want to go out again. I do not care that you have school in the morning, nor do I have any interest in the fact that you have some sort of time schedule that you need to follow. This time, I do decide to eliminate upon the shrubbery but only for a few seconds.

It is now 5:30 a.m. I send Belle-chan into the room to politely "woof" at you to remind you that our feeding time is in about ninety minutes. I would not want you to oversleep after all.

Oh, since you are now up, would you mind giving us an early breakfast?

Now Belle-chan has to go outside for her morning constitutional and I decide that I shall come with in case we both find some squirrels or chipmunks or a tree branch of interest. We both find appropriate places to mark and return inside, hoping for a treat or three.

We are out of treats?

Oh, this is not good. How about one of those hot dogs then? That would work.



I Am Shiba. May I See The Dinner Menu Please?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sir Cortez--what a cushy life you lead! Don't forget that your servant, I mean, The Woman, has important educational pursuits that will help keep you rolling in treats in the future. She does need her sleep. You recently mentioned that fewer updates would be forthcoming, but I am so glad that you made this one! No offense to The Woman, but you make me laugh so much! M.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Cortez and Bel-chan
mama from belgique

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pourquoi la femme ne vous laisse pas dans votre cage la nuit?

9:23 AM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

The Woman speaks:

The dogs have earned being out of their crates at night.

Early morning wake ups are simply a part of sharing life with a shiba.

They have earned their freedom; I am merely their slave.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Misaki's typist is directed to pass on this message: Misaki approves.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home