<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Well, It's Official


The People are going to be packing everything up and moving me and Belle-chan down to North Carolina sometime this summer.

That Guy was able to get a new position in a new company so The Woman is going to stay behind and straighten out all their "affairs" which gives me and Belle-chan time to finally beat up on the Labrador retriever around the corner and show him that we *are* the rulers of this 'hood!

Then, after this really cool place we have lived sells, we are going to hop into a rental car, and take a trip down south to join that guy and live in this new place that supposedly does not have so much snow that it inconveniences my ability to eliminate for three seasons out of the year. Apparently there will be a terrace that we can bark and snub people from way up high, just like a shiba should.

I have also been told that I will most likely be retired as a therapy dog at the end of June. The Women thinks that I get too tired too fast trying to make everyone around me happy, and as a result, my legs end up hurting more. My face is recovering nicely, but my legs just aren't as young as they used to be. This bothers me because I can not participate in play activities that I love and with my new medication, I am energized and ready to go! but then I start to shake and everyone says, Time Out.

The medicine makes me feel better but my body is still two steps behind. Definitely frustrating. I feel like that guy on the tv show, House.

It is so unfair that this happens to me. I want to play and have fun. And now, I have to walk like an old man and act all old. Just have Belle-chan steal my greenie, and trust me, I don't act old at all!

So the next few months there will be many changes. First, that Guy is gonna leave which means that Belle-chan and I can sleep in the bedroom. Second, I am going to retire from my job, and The Woman is going to leave all her jobs. And then, we are going to travel south to join that Guy. Sounds confusing. Sounds chaotic. Sounds like we might be able to slip out the door and finally get that one damn chipmunk that we never were able to chase down.

He is still here.

We have seen him.

But in the meantime, the Woman says that there is way too much to do and That Guy is getting ready to packed out and head south.

As long as my kibble is delivered on time and I get a treat every time I pee in the backyard, everything else is just easy times.

But beware, Raleigh. We are on our way to take over a new land even if there are other shibas who think that they own that place.

We rule supreme.



I Am Shiba. I Am The Genghis Khan.

8 Comments:

Anonymous JS said...

Raleigh is a cool town, Cortez. You'll enjoy being down South.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Mochi said...

Welcome to the RDU area my fellow shibas. You must demand that the Woman and the Guy take you to Phydeaux in Chapel Hill. I always pick out my meals and prey there(Dad calls them toys, but I must insist that I DO NOT PLAY WITH TOYS).

-the Moch

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you Cortez and Belle.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Big move! I look forward to hearing about it.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just make sure you keep telling us your stories Cortez!!! aI wish I could leave the snow too!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We northeast, almost living in New England Shibas are sorry to see you go. We were hoping to see you some day at a meetup or something. Have a safe trip and enjoy the sights, smells and critters of your new home!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll love it down here! We do get winters, but not severe. Although everything does seem to shut down for 1/4" of snow .

Jeanne

8:59 AM  
Anonymous That Guy said...

"Although everything does seem to shut down for 1/4" of snow"

Sounds exactly like my kind of place!

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home