<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays


always get me down. The woman who sung that song died from Anorexia Nervosa. Sad. In a world where there is so much food, it is hard to imagine that someone would refuse to eat. But this woman was right. I get depressed when it rains and on Mondays. Like today. No cheese in my breakfast. How was I suppose to cope with this?

Mondays are an understandable depression for The Shiba. In a whirlwind of chaos, The People leave the house, and I am alone - alone to face what goes bump downstairs (usually it is that stupid feline falling off a shelf), the mailman making noise at the front door, and the solitude created by lack of human contact. My toys are locked up. I am bored with my bones. I just sit in my crate and wait. The Woman comes home eventually and the day emerges.

You could say that I live for the weekends. Usually there is something fun planned. Trips to the store. Road trips to the woods or fun places where I get to eat ice cream or have a hot dog. The Woman cooks; The Guy barbecues. There are plenty of activities to oversee and enjoy. There is music playing in different parts of the house, chores being completely, gardening, birds, squirrels, long walks in the cool morning air.

And it all involves me.

Except when it rains. Today it is raining. It is boring. The Woman sits at her computer and the Guy hides downstairs. I don't want to go outside and get wet, and all travel is limited to just movement around the house. I am not good at patiently waiting for something to happen but at least the doors are open so I can see what is happening in my neighborhood, and The Woman is not arguing with The Guy over the air conditioner. He told me the other day that it is a miracle when the Woman is not complaining about being too hot or too cold. Then he sighed and said, and we only have five to ten more years of this. I tried to explain to him that she needed to learn how to shed but he didn't get it.

But apparently she does shed. And when she sheds, they have to call someone named "Tim the Plumber" to save them. He came out this week in fact to clean up the hair that The Woman shed in the shower. And while I really wanted to watch this process, I was crated because The Guy said that my supervision was unnecessary.

I was only trying to help!

So today it rains, and I pretend to sleep at the door to The Woman's office and The Guy's basement. And I wait for something to happen in case the rain stops.


I Am Shiba. Just Hangin' Around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home