<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

K9 Kerplunk




A pool party in support of my fellow subjects? Well, I consider attending. My presence could add significant improvement to the impoverished event but the paparazzi could also interrupt the fluidity of such a occasion. However, the problem is solved when my fellow comrade-in-arms decide to have a booth advertising our work in the community (all good reigning royalty must provide a public service) and I decide to join them and once more, show the city of Manchester All That Is Shiba.


I arrive. Please note that The Woman is acting as my Personal Assistant for this event. That Guy fulfilled the role as Staff Photographer. My entourage is complete.



Here are a few of my colleagues and I resting from the sun. Please note that we are all varying shades of the same color, proving once more my good fashion sense.


Some dogs are just ready to be photographed. Because I was working and mingling among the masses, I had to refrain from asserting my dominance even when others sniffed my butt. There were many loose dogs chasing each other in wet happiness and glee. Chaos reigned complete.


However, a few opted out of the chases to fetch a tennis ball in a pool of water that was covered with dogs and their fur. These dogs would swim, fetch, and return, only to repeat the process again. A very mundane activity but like the "Bread and Circuses" of the Roman Times, even the simplest of individuals must be provided a day of fun. Labradors are so easily amused.


This was a difficult moment. There were many dogs who wished to smell my butt, and one that even tried to be "intimate" with me (requiring me to have to assert that my sexuality was my own business, Thank You Very Much!) However, my staff required a photograph of myself and Prince Oz be included within our adventure to prove once and for all that a Shiba is Not A Corgi and Vice Versa. Oz appears quite happy living his life without a tail and very short legs, and I must point out that his ears are disproportionately large for his little body. He resembles a small misshapen Sherman Tank while I resemble An Actual Dog. He was a nice lad, however. I shall let him continue to rule his One Acre Lot without interference.

I was surprised by the presence of another Shiba at the event, a Black and Tan named Kona. He was but a young idealistic lad and has yet to discover what it means to be Shiba. He went swimming in the pool with the other dogs, for example. He will require counseling before he is ready to assume his Title of Shibaness.

Considering that yesterday we had the Hurricane rains, it was a magnificent day to go out and mingle with the masses. I returned home, and retired to the quiet of my humble abode, eating a Greenie, and enjoying the praises that I so readily deserve. I shall make note in my social calender to return next year as no event is complete unless there is A Shiba.


I Am Shiba. Today I Let the Commoners Have Some Fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shiba, we had a Doggie Dive-In on Saturday down here in Texas. My two shibas had to go and show up all the other dogs. Here's a link to the video we took

It looks like you had fun and ruled the place! I love your blog.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute video, thanks for sharring :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Diane of the dogs said...

Good man Cortez!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home