<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Day 2: Lead, Follow, or Get Out of My Way.

This morning, The Woman and I did the first of what would become three 6 AM walks in low tide on the beach. Despite our walk starting with a dogfight because three loose dogs thought they could take a Shiba (I was spitting out fur after we finished), The Woman and I continued our walk on the beach, watching the seagulls, looking for crabs and shells, and just enjoyed the peace of a beautiful morning sunrise.

After a lovely breakfast, we head to Acadia Park and begin a walk around Jordan Pond. It was a windy but a sunny day, perfect conditions for a nice jaunt. It is about a four miles, a rather comfortable hike where we get to observe a variety of scenery and
walk on everything from trails, to boardwalks, to crossing boulders. I, of course, excelled at all.

However, I noticed something intriguing about this Pond verses the Pond of My Nature Center or the Reservoir where I often walk.




In this particular park, the water made funny noises against the rocks. This was most interesting as no matter where I went, there were these strange noises and the water was moving. It was like the water itself was alive and attempting to cover the rocks with wetne
ss.

I am intrigued.

However, as we get about half-way around the park, we reach a small beach area that has sand, and the water is pushing itself up and over the rocks. Obviously, I need to chase down the water and determine what was causing this wild movement and insanity.

This was not the falling water of a stream, but rather placid lake water that had a mind of its own.

So, I leap in to investigate.


Other than discovering This Water is as Wet as The Water at home, I made no conclusions into its fury.

After a tour of Bar Harbor, dinner, and the eventual nightly constitutional, I finally return to the hotel for a night of sleep.

The Shiba 10:47 pm.



The Shiba 10:49 pm.




I Am Shiba. Life Is Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home