<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blue Cheese and Coyotes


and in honesty, I, The Shiba, have accomplished nothing of sustenance. Yesterday, I did, however, have the opportunity to walk in The Nature Center Woods, which was then followed by an amazing dinner of my organic dog kibble with a sprinkling of a very fine Danish Blue Cheese. For once, I am attended in a manner appropriate to my status.

I did hear this morning that there is a controversy surrounding Paris Hilton and the possibility that two of her chihuahuas might have been eaten by coyotes, although the poor heiress denies the reports. As a Shiba, I try not to be too involved in the lives of Other Celebrities but seriously only an idiot would let a Chihuahua outside unattended. They are so small that The Breed will get lost just walking through a jungle of grass. Then again, we are talking about Paris Hilton . . .


I Am Shiba. I Return You Now to Your Regularly Scheduled Program.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coyotes in Beverly Hills... right.

10:46 AM  
Blogger The Shiba said...

These are the Coyotes who eat Brie.

I suffer with imported Blue Cheese,

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And WW chedar...

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, depending upon where you live, the wise Shiba is always alert to the local wildlife and the threat it might pose to Shiba and family.

In some areas of the West, coyotes and the occasional cougar, flourish in the urban/wildland interface, along with skunks, possums, raccoons, wild turkeys, and deer. Some of these animals might present a physical threat to the unwary Shiba. Others carry rather nasty diseases. Even birds, such as hawks and owls, can present a threat to small Shiba puppies!

This Shiba mother doesn't know where you live in New England, but I would suggest that the Woman might want to research local wildlife.

Yes, I know Shibas are supposed to be fearless-- but they are also supposed to be smart!

A note from Sukoshi, the Zen Shiba: Two years ago, my mother and I were on a walk near a local wildlife area. I smelled something "not right" -- and let my mother know about it. I planted my bottom and refused to move. My mother listened and we did not go out into the area of the smell. A week later, my mother learned that there had been cougar sightings in the area and dead deer carcasses. After this, she told me I was a good Shiba Huntress!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home