<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Monday, February 26, 2007

With the Dark, comes Darkness

Battle not with monsters
lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss
the abyss gazes into you.


Thai food was the meal for the evening, which meant traveling downtown to obtain the bag.

I was let out as so I might announce my presence on the street corner, which gave me time to look around and observe what happens in the dimly lit corners.

Two men were drinking out of brown paper bags. One could barely stand; the other moved and leaned against a car, watching The Woman and me as we did our business.

Three youths stood on the other side of the road, dressed entirely in black, the faces obscured by masks or hoods.

A woman pulled a cart filled with empty cans. The Car Man tossed his bag into her cart.

I returned to the car and continued to watch while The Woman went in to get our food. The Car Man and I made eye contact several times. It was not my turn to flinch.

He moved two cars closer to ours, only one car dividing between the two of us.

Several more people walked bundled down the street. One tall man entered the restaurant. The man who could not stand was now sitting against the window of the antique store. His bag appeared empty, like his friend's but the Cart Lady was long gone.

The Woman returns, and the Car Man moves away.

As we drive home, I notice that there are no cats, no squirrels. Only darkness and intermittent light. At the corner gas station, there are a group of people mingling outside but no one is buying gas. They have drinks in brown bags. They smoke cigarettes and laugh.



I Am Shiba.
In the Darkness, No One Appears To Have Anywhere To Go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home