<

I Am Shiba.

Dedicated to momentary thoughts and musings of A Shiba Inu.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4th, 2008


The Woman gets all excited about politics. With the coming of the falling leaves, she thinks about her visions of utopia and proudly walks to the polls. Much like my duty to announce when the MailMan arrives to the house, she takes her politics just as seriously. She often states that she can smell the politics in the air. All I smell these days are rotting leaves and dirty socks.

I consider today, what are my issues for this election? A chipmunk in every yard and free car rides? I always ask what everyone can do for me rather than what I can do for them, and I have no desire to be the first Shiba in Space. The Woman pays my Dog Tax for living here in the Northeast, but I get no representation for the taxes that are paid. A second class citizen-- I think not!

So what are the issues that I consider important (before The Woman drives herself to the polls, and stands in line for two hours):

1. Stop contaminated dog food. Even though I lack the right to vote, does not mean that I deserve food that makes me sick, or may even kill me. Every dog should be able to eat without fear.

2. Fund those who can not fund themselves. Continue free spay and neuter clinics for those who want companionship of a canine or feline (why, I can not fathom) and help vet clinics with funding accounts for people who can not pay for services for their pets. As medical treatments improve for all us household animals, the costs rise accordingly. Nothing would be sadder than seeing a friend or companion put to sleep because Their People lacked the money for an operation.

3. Punish those who mistreat us. Last week, in Connecticut, a man tied his dog to the back of his truck, and went inside his local bar. After several beers, he returned to his truck and drove home, forgetting that his friend was tied to the bumper of the truck. If I bite you, I get the death penalty; if you harm or injure me, you get a small fine or jail term. There is something wrong with this equation.

Tied to this is people vested in the image of the fighting pit bull and forcing dogs to kill one another. The Nuremberg defense did not work back then, and for fighting dogs, it does not work for them. Most of these dogs are destroyed for simply following the directions of what they were trained to do. As canines, we depend upon our people to teach us the laws of your society; punish the people rather than the dog for not following the rules.

4. Finally, recognize that we are dogs. We are not fashion accessories, barbie dolls, or periodic playmates. Recognize that we are not second class citizens and that we deserve to be as much a part of your life as we want you to be a part of ours.


I Am Shiba. I Cast My Vote.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree!

Nikko's Momma

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right , Cortez !
Igor and Julie think like you

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home